Are you concerned about any of the following health problems?
- trouble sleeping soundly.
- balance a issue, frequently worry about falling.
- joints, muscles and lower back constantly aching.
- overweight or obese.
- don't have strength to accomplish everyday tasks.
- tire easily.
- always feel "worn down".
- never feel relaxed.
- suffer from high blood pressure.
- desire better mobility and independence.
- osteoporosis, or other "weak bone" disease.
- feel like much older than you actually are.
Whether you are 18 or 80, if one or more of the above conditions are present in your life, yoga can help.
Watch this short 2:30 minute video
Need more proof about how powerful yoga can be to transform your life?
Want more independence, better strength and balance with a higher standard of living? Check this out...
- Amy Wheeler is a Professor of Yoga at California State University in the United States. She often preaches how yoga helps to lower high blood pressure. Incredibly, she says it can even reduce your independence on medication if hypertension is a problem.
- The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) has reported that yoga and meditation, coupled with a smart diet, can help prevent heart disease. Not only does yoga, smart nutrition and meditation help prevent a number of heart diseases, but those practices can actually reverse heart disease as well.
- In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, significant research has been conducted to see if yoga has any positive or negative affect on the health of men and women over 40 years of age.
Those claims are backed up by multiple studies from reliable health and fitness organizations.
- The Lancet is a British Medical Journal that has also released research linking yoga with a healthy blood pressure. A group of hypertension sufferers performed the Savasana yoga pose (Corpse Pose) every day for 3 months.
- That test group enjoyed an average drop in systolic blood pressure (the top number in a blood pressure reading) by an incredible 26 points. They also dropped their diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) by a full 15 points.
- Additionally, those who suffered higher blood pressure numbers enjoyed bigger, healthier drops in both their systolic and diastolic numbers.
The results of those studies, time and again, are nothing less than astounding.
Watch this short 2:20 minute video on stress, aches, and pains. Could yoga help you?
The following are just a few of the documented health advantages you receive when you practice yoga regularly.
- Regulate healthy cortisol levels. Cortisol is referred to as the "stress hormone" which means that yoga helps fight depression, stress and anxiety.
- Experience less back pain and a lower risk of contracting arthritis.
- Posture improves. Stature, balance, flexibility and mobility all benefit from this.
- Joints, bones and cartilage are stronger. Reduce risk of injury from physical activity, and bone breakage.
- Improve the strength of spinal disks. Movement is the only way spinal disks receive their nutrients.
- Circulation improves dramatically. Yoga helps pump healthy blood and oxygen to every part of the body.
- Stretching, contracting and moving your body through different yoga postures, strengthens your immune system. This improves your ability to fight infection and sickness, repel cancer cells, and dispose of toxic waste.
- Find that you are happier more often. Richard Davidson, Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin, showed heightened activity in the part of your brain that is correlated with higher levels of happiness when you perform yoga.
- Regulate a healthy blood sugar level. Yoga somehow lowers your bad cholesterol level and raises the amount of good cholesterol in your body.
- Brain is sharper. Research shows that yoga improves memory, reaction time, coordination and even IQ.
- Sleep better. As a stress reliever and form of exercise, yoga promotes healthy sleep patterns.
"Your 21 Day Yoga Challenge"
- The many health benefits of yoga (Chapter 1)
- What sun salutations are, and why they are so important for your health (Chapter 5)
- Exactly what to do, and how to prepare, for the first 7 days of your yoga challenge (Chapter 3)
- Why yoga is not just for fit 20 somethings anymore (Introduction)
- How to perfectly perform simple yoga poses that can positively transform your life in so many ways (Chapters 3, 4 and 5)
- That yoga can actually help you lose weight (Chapter 1)
- Safety tips before starting your yoga practice (Chapter 2)
- What to do in week 2 of your 3 week yoga challenge to deliver the most benefits (Chapter 4)
- A 21 day yoga routine for better balance, flexibility, strength and mobility (Chapter 3)
- That just 15 minutes of yoga each day for 3 weeks can turn your life around (Introduction)